Global Sustainability Partnership
The Global Sustainability Partnership is a one-of-a-kind collaboration between the University of South Florida Patel College of Global Sustainability and Hillsborough County Public Schools.
Working with the myriad of researchers, teachers, faculty and experts of the multiple organizations, the Global Sustainability Partnership provides unique and rigorous problem-based learning opportunities for the students of our local communities.
|Upcycled sustainable flowers created by |
Young Middle Magnet School students.
What we do:
- Create lesson plans based on teacher needs and the expertise of the USF Patel College
- Coordinate guest speakers
- Facilitate a mentorship program with USF students
- Organize field trips
- Organize and lead teacher workshops
- Host special science events and innovation fairs
- Create case studies based on USF research
- Emphasize the importance of sustainable development
Garnering University of South Florida Patel College expertise and resources to support the Hillsborough County Public School District to enhance global sustainability curricula to create global problem solvers in the local community. Read more about the Partnership in the USF Oracle.
Coordinated through the USF Patel College, the Global Sustainability Partnership will expand the knowledge and awareness of global sustainability issues for local K-12 students through problem-based learning methods based on research generated from the University of South Florida while also providing meaningful mentorship opportunities, sustainability-related field trips, guest speakers, joint events and grant proposals to further student knowledge of global environmental issues.
- Global Schools Project website with detailed lesson plans and handouts
- 2014 Annual Report
- Florida Arbor Day Parent Information Packet
- Collection of Educational Materials and Funding Resources
- Core Concepts K - 12 Curriculum
- Educating for Sustainability
- Florida Arbor Day Scavenger Hunt
- Future Opportunities
- GPS Scavenger Hunt
- Grant App with Changes
- Sustainability Scavenger Hunt
Grade Level Themes
Outdoor Sustainability Activities
2/27/14 Dowdell sustainability field trips to USF
12/06/13 Global Sustainability Partnership students present environmental research projects
11/11/13 Global Sustainability Partnership in full force at Florida’s Green Schools Conference
11/07/13 Global Sustainability Partnership visits local Manatee Viewing Center
11/02/13 Global Sustainability Partnership “gears up for gardening” at Dowdell fall festival
10/25/13 Global Sustainability Partnership camping trip another success
|Students from Dowdell Middle Magnet School |
explore local ecosystems.